What is the purpose of this qualification?
This qualification is intended as a short course aimed at continual professional development supporting the development of knowledge/understanding of electric vehicle charging installation and maintenance.
Learners undertaking this course may already be doing the associated roles from practicing operative capacity, with proven and demonstrable skills in working ass skilled and competent electricians and/or electrical installers. Validation of these skills and level of competence are reflected in the entry requirements for this qualification.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at practicing electricians interested in understanding how to install and maintain the range of electric vehicle charging equipment and systems available. They aim to provide expert guidance to learners wishing to gain further knowledge and understanding of electric vehicle charging equipment installation and maintenance.
What does the qualification cover?
The qualification covers the scope of works for electric vehicle charging installations in commercial premises and public spaces and the features of the electric vehicle charging equipment and associated accessories. It also covers the safety requirements and the maintenance strategy and procedures for largescale electric vehicle charging installations.
Learners will achieve the following mandatory unit:
303 Installation and maintenance of largescale electric vehicle charging installations.
This course consists of a short-answer and scenario-based question paper — 120 minutes.
- IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (4th edition)
- BS 7671:(2018)+A2(2022)
- IET Electric Vehicle Charging Installations at Filling Stations.
Learner entry requirements
This course is intended for practicing electricians as part of the assessment for this qualification, learners must hold one of the following:
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures, and the Environment)
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in installing Electrotechnical Systems (Electrical Maintenance)
- 5357 Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification
- 2356 Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services Experienced Worker
- 2346 Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification
- Other Awarding Organisations equivalences will also be acceptable, or
- ECS Gold Card, JIB Electrician or Approved Electrician Card.
The qualifications above must have been achieved no more than 5 years prior to starting this qualification or there must be evidence the candidate has remained current by completing relevant CPD such as City and Guilds 2382 or equivalent.