Who is this qualification for?
This qualification aims to provide expert guidance to learners wishing to gain knowledge and understanding on Electric Vehicle charging equipment installation.
What does the qualification cover?
The qualification includes additional methods of protection against open PEN conductor faults and how to assess if an installation has an issue with diverted neutral current. It also includes smart functions in EVSE and relevant items within the installation as a whole. Integration into prosumer’s electrical installations including the option of electric vehicles reverse feeding into the installation and/or supply grid.
Learners will achieve the following mandatory unit:
301 Design and installation of domestic and small commercial electric vehicle charging installations.
This course consists of a short-answer and scenario-based question paper — 90 minutes, and an Online exam — 45 minutes
- IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation.
- BS 7671:(2018)+A2(2022)
- IET On-Site guide
Learner entry requirements
This course is intended for practicing electricians as part of the assessment for this qualification, learners should hold similar to the following:
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures, and the Environment)
- 2357 Level 3 NVQ Diploma in installing Electrotechnical Systems (Electrical Maintenance)
- 5357 Level 3 Electrotechnical qualification
- 2356 Level 3 NVQ in Electrotechnical Services Experienced Worker
- 2346 Level 3 Electrotechnical Experienced Worker Qualification
- Other Awarding Organisations equivalences will also be acceptable, or
- ECS Gold Card, JIB Electrician or Approved Electrician Card.