10 year old boy dies from electrocution at Blackpool Hotel

A 10-year-old boy has died after suffering an electric shock in the reception area of a seaside hotel.

Jack Piper-Sheach was found unresponsive at about 10.39pm on Sunday, September 3, at Tiffany’s Hotel on the Promenade in the seaside resort.

He was taken to hospital but died from his injuries on Thursday, police said on Friday.

They said he was taken to hospital with injuries “consistent with coming into contact with a high voltage of electricity”.

The boy’s family were by his bedside as doctors made every effort to save him, Lancashire police said.

The force said the matter had been passed to the local authority and a file was being prepared for the coroner.

The hotel has closed while an investigation is carried out. A spokesperson said: “We are deeply saddened by this recent incident involving a child who has received a shock on Sunday evening within our reception lounge area.

“We want to reassure everybody that the health and safety of our guests and team remains our number one priority. We have taken the decision to voluntarily close temporarily while we undertake our own inspections.

No further information has been made available a this time to explain how the young boy came into contact with the electrical source.

Updates soon..